Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4 weeks

I'm excited to have made it this far!!! And I hope I have many, many more weeks ahead. We are still not telling anyone in real life. My first OB appointment is May 26th. Hopefully we can do an u/s and then have pictures as visual aids when we do tell. Doc is keeping me on the progesterone. She says it can't hurt. I know that it may have absolutely nothing to do with anything, but in my mind it is what's making everything okay, so I appreciate them indulging me.

I'm going to steal the format for my weekly updates from Mrs. D. simply because I like it. :-) I've been following her story and have enjoyed reading her updates hoping that I may some day be able to follow in her shoes. Thanks for all the encouragement Mrs. D.!

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing that precious word "Pregnant" on the digital test! And knowing that these lines are so much prettier than the ones I had with my last pregnancy.

Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: None yet since really no one knows. However, I did find it highly entertaining that my husband evidently feels that pushing a buggy around Walmart is too strenuous for a newly pregnant person. He almost fought me in the store when I tried to push. LoL!

Obsession: The 13 positive tests on the bathroom cabinet. I look at them everytime I go into the bathroom just to convince myself that it is real. I also pee on a test every morning just to verify that the line is still there and is still dark.

What I am Most Looking Forward To This Week: Making it to 5 weeks. And I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm looking forward to more symptoms. I never really had any with my other pregnancy and look how that turned out. Some symptoms might help to convince me that everything is okay.

What I Miss The Most: My afternoon cup of coffee. I have read in many places that caffeine can be blamed for some miscarriages. I definitely do not want to do anything that might possibly cause me to miscarry again, so I will have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and NO MORE!

Symptoms: I do have some symptoms. I am extremely tired. I went to bed last night in the midst of all the tornados and storms. I'm am usually glued to the numerous weather radars and websites watching the storms because I am so fascinated by them. I have had a little wave of nausea here and there. Yesterday when a co-worker was eating an orange the smell of it almost sent me over the edge, and then again this morning before breakfast, but once I got something in my stomach it was okay. I'm not really a big fan of throwing up, so it will be okay if that's NOT one of the symptoms. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment