Monday, November 15, 2010

5 weeks (maybe)

Nurse called today and said that doc was much happier with my second number. She said that it's increasing like they want it to and she doesn't see any reason to draw any more blood unless I have problems or want more. I feel better after the second number to, so I think we'll just let it be.

I did ask her about exercising while I'm preggo. I walk 3 miles 3-4 times a week and even run some, but I didn't want to continue that schedule until I got the okay from her. I was actually training for a 1/2 marathon in March, but I'm not sure I'll be up to that now. Nurse said that it was fine as long as I'd been running up until now, but it still made me nervous to run today. So instead I walked briskly for my 3 miles. No cramps, no uncomfortable breathing. But my heart rate was up to 157. I've heard a lot of people say that it shouldn't go over 140 when you're pregnant. When I go tomorrow I may try to run for a few minutes just to see how I fell.

1 comment:

  1. Unless your dr tells you otherwise my brilliant nurse katelin says that anything you were doing before pregnancy should be fine just don't start anything new. Like training for a marathon maybe not a great idea. But if you were already running some, should be fine. But if it makes you feel iffy, just continue to walk briskly. Any exercise is better than no exercise. I have never heard about the heart rate thing, but if you would like me to ask, I don't mind at all. :D

    ReplyDelete