Friday, January 7, 2011

I made it throught the week!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole week almost since my last post. It's definitely been a busy week. I'm feeling much better about my job than I was at the first of the week, but I still don't like it. Oh well. No choice but to make the best of it for now.

Had a huge temp drop this morning and just knew I'd have a positive OPK today. No such luck. But I'm sure that it's a sign that ovulation is soon since it's very common for my temp to go down right before I ovulate. Something to do with a surge of estrogen right before the egg is released. How perfect that I'm expecting to ovulate on the weekend when DH and I are home together. AND it's supposed to snow this weekend, so we'll be all cozied up with the fireplace roaring. Hopefully, my friend Clomid has grown me some nice, pretty eggs.

Finally got up enough courage to take back the maternity shirts that I ordered from Motherhood Maternity online. Didn't want to keep them because they're long sleeved and hopefully I will get preggo and have a baby before I will need long sleeves again. So I walk into the store in the mall with my shirts and tell the lady that I need to return them. She pulls up a screen on her computer and starts typing. She asks my name and enters it and then says, "What's your due date?" Kinda threw me off for a minute, but I told her that I didn't have one. She kinda looked at me funny but typed some more on her little computer. Then she asked why I was returning the shirts. So I told her that I had a miscarriage and didn't need them anymore. She got a look of total panic on her face, and said, "Oh my. I'm so sorry." Well yeah. Me too. So she does a whole lot more typing and doesn't ask me any more questions. Thank you for that, because I didn't want to answer any more questions. I decided instead of getting my money back that I just wanted a gift card. The girl said that they don't expire, and I'm convinced I will need it again. When she handed me my gift card there was a coupon attached to it for a week in February that they are having a big promotion or something. The girl said, "If you come during this week in Feb and make a purchase then you have the chance to save extra % off. So I really hope that you can come back by then." I thought that was really nice of her. I hope that I can come back then too.

I did manage not to cry. Until I walked out and DH (who had been pacing back and forth in the store while I handled the return) said, "I'm sorry you don't have a due date anymore." Me too. But hopefully I will have a new due date soon. And besides, summer maternity clothes are WAY cuter than winter ones.

1 comment: