Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5 minutes

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

There's not much of anything in 2010 that I want to forget. It's been an evenful year, and I treasure all my memories of it. We started out the year with a wedding. Here are the things I most want to remember about our wedding:
the snow in Hot Spring the day we got married
our sweet, simple ceremony
our stay at the bed & breakfast

Then a few weeks later we had our reception:
beautiful decorations done by my sweet cousin Megan
wonderful food
having both of our family together for a huge celebration

And then our honeymoon:
the sound of the tropical birds singing the first morning we woke up in paradise
the wonderful food at the resort
the beautiful beach and ocean
riding a horse bareback in the ocean
having a whole week with just my hubby

And then began our journey to conceive our first child:
the whole process of getting the seman sample to the hospital
all the "tricks" for getting preggo (yes, I have had my legs in the air for up to 20 minutes after doing the deed)
peeing on all the OPKs and HPTs
the excitement of actually seeing a "pregnant" digi
the reactions from our parents when we told them the news

Even though the pregnancy was short lived, it was still happy memories. I can't wait to have those experiences again in the coming year. And hopefully, we experience some uncharted territory (at least for us) with a successful pregnancy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can tell you tons of crazy things I've tried while TTC!

    ReplyDelete