Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Appreciate

Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

I have come to appreciate what a wonderful man my husband is over the past year. Actually, he hasn't even been my husband for a whole year. :-) But it's getting close. He's a hardworking man, although sometimes, I wish he didn't work so hard. Between his real job, his lawn care business, and his referreeing sometimes I don't see him very much. But there are way worse things he could be doing when he's not with me, so I have absolutely no reason to complain. Plus, he's earning money when he's doing all these things.

I've also come to appreciate what a good dishwasher, sweeper, & mopper he is. :-) I haven't had to do any of these things since we moved in to our house. Now if I could just get him to get the dirty sock & undies into the hamper instead of on the bathroom floor.

My husband has a very big heart and I appreciate this too. Although his heart has contributed to the fact that we have 5 dogs. He needs to stay away from the shelter.

He's not a lazy man. And he tries to do what is right. He's a good Christian man. I thank God every day for blessing me with my dear hubby.

I hope he knows how much he is appreciated and loved. I tell him him often, but I know that actions speak louder than words. I do my best to be a good wife. I'm not always successful. Sometimes, he has no clean socks (maybe because they are on the bathroom floor instead of the dirty clothes?), dinner isn't always cooked when he gets home (and if it is, it doesn't always consist of a "balanced" meal), and sometimes I nag. (mostly about the socks on the floor)

But really, if all I have to nag about is socks on the bathroom floor, I have it pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...when we first got married, I used to complain to my hubby about stuff like; not taking his dirty laundry to the laundry room or flipping his shirts the right way and not inside out...he would say to me that there were worse things to complain about. He told me I was lucky because he wasn't out at a bar every night like some other husbands. It made me angry, but I came back with...well you're lucky that I'm not out at a bar every night like some other wives. He's never brought up that point again...LOL! But he does leave his dirty clothes on the bedroom floor still...we are married for 12 years. Thanks for triggering the memory!
    ~~Kels74

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels! So glad to hear from you. Hope all is well with you. You don't give me much hope for ever teaching DH to get the socks to the laundry room. LoL!

    ReplyDelete