Thursday, December 9, 2010

Community, Being Different, and Partying

Had to go out of town for work, so I'm behind on Reverb since I didn't have my computer with me. So here goes:

Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? I have discovered the community of girls just like myself who want badly to become pregnant and successfully deliver a precious baby on fertilityfriend.com. I initially just wanting the use of the awesome charting software, but eventually found myself on the message boards reading posts. After lurking for a long time, I began posting my own thoughts. I have made several friends on the boards and appreciate the fact that even though these girls have never met me, they offered kind words and prayers and encouragement during and after my miscarriage. For those of you who followed me here from Fertility Friend, thank you for caring enough about my life to read my posts! I hope that in 2011 I can join the pregnancy circles on FF and remain there for an entire 9 months!!!!!

Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful. What makes me different? I don't know. I mean there are so many things that make me different. I am who I am. I don't pretend to be anyone else. I know so many people who are one person at home, one person at church, one person at work, one person with their friends,etc. I am me whereever I am and whoever I'm with. I don't try to keep up with people who are out of my league. I am content with my status. I don't have to be wealthy. I don't have to be popular. I don't have to have a million friends. Does that make me beautiful?

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans Hmmmm...I really don't do parties in the sense that most people think. The best "party" I can think of this year would be my wedding reception. We snuck off and got married to avoid all the hooha that goes along with a wedding, but my Mom absolutely would not let me off the hook about a reception. We were married on Valentine's Day but waited to have our reception until the day before we left for our honeymoon in March. It was all of our family and very closest friends. Very simple, but very special to us.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog - you are so sweet! I really like your post today... I am totally with you on the community comments. It is so warming to think about the wonderful men and women who make up this community - all of whom want to offer support and encouragement to someone they will likely never meet in person. I would have answered that question the same way. Happy holidays, and keep posting... you're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete